![]() |
| Found this cool picture at this art place |
So last year, (8th grade) we were writing poetry for veterans day. The main concept that we had to put in our poetry was the power of a brotherhood.
Brotherhood is a crucial thing
that saves us from out suffering
And when our lives fade away
our brotherhood is here to stay
For when we're lost
they will find
All of the pieces left behind
And when you fall
They'll make you stand tall
and help you get back on your feet
For then they'll hope
that you'll help them cope
When all of this war is over
You're bound by trust
With ashes and dust
till you are at the end of your days
Even though you will part
there is a place in your heart
For the brotherhood that stays
Brotherhood is a crucial thing
that saves us from our suffering
And when our lives fade away
our brotherhood is here to stay
For when we're lost
they will find
All of the pieces left behind
The brotherhood that stays.
Okay, next I have Poems from when I was in 7th grade so two years ago. They are probably really bad so don't judge me.
I am From:
A snowy cabin in manor lands
Towering trees over a pink bunny car
Brothers that never stop aggravating me
Creepy Crawly Spiders under my covers
I am From:
A hot, humid farm where horses graze
Log cabins neat and tidy next to a winding road
A grave my family visits once a year
Putting up a christmas tree to celebrate the coming of a new year.
I am:
My grandad's famous blackberry pie
A giant pyrenees waiting to be let into my home
Crickets I listen to in the night
A family ski race at the end of ski season
Ok so the next one is kind of depressing so if you are one to get sad easily, then you should probably skip this one.
Fire and Ash
A planet doesn't explode of itself
But the skies that angels trod are here
Everything was turning red with the flames
Great soft clouds
My ache for breathe
I see a white moon rising from the broken window
Out the door in a flash
And me, I took of running hard
the tendrils of smoke rising behind me
My heart and hope fall with my body
There is nothing but black
Then I see her
She floats down beside my still body
"not yet" she says as she floats away
I wake up
I am on the road I used to play on
The birds have stopped chirping
It is snowing black ash
They search for bodies
I am the only survivor
Was that depressing or what? I don't remember what was happening to me when I wrote this, but I can tell you I was not in a happy place.

No comments:
Post a Comment