Sep 22, 2015

Marching Band rehearsal

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in. I just finished marching band about a half hour ago and I am waiting for my mom to come pick me up. As you probably know, I have marching band with Danielle, Whitney, Emma, and Syscilia. I have linked their blogs to their names if you want to check them out (which I hope you do). Well anyways, we only have two more rehearsals till the home coming field show on Friday!!! We are all really excited and we have put in so many hours to make it perfect.

All of us are doing well in marching in time, and playing the right notes, except for one diagonal that NO ONE SEEMS TO GET and it frustrates me so much! I mean we have only been working on it for a month straight. I still think we will be ready though. All of us are super nervous and we all said that we shouldn't eat before the half time field show just in case. It's Tuesday so we only have to last three more days of school this week. I am dreading tomorrow because I have math first period and I am sorry for this ahead of time because I am going to be ranting on about how much I HATE ALGEBRA. Everything else in math I can live through but algebra is the worst. I don't get the point or who is going to use it in their futures other than engineers. Can anyone tell me that? Why is algebra so important to learn? Please comment and tell me why because I seriously have no clue.


Getting back to marching band, as you probably know, my marching band(the Park City Marching Band) has been chosen to be the ambassadors for Utah at the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. That means that our entire marching band gets to go to Hawaii next December. Yay! So the December of 2016. It costs a lot to get there(about two grand per person) so my friends and I are having fundraisers over the next 14 months to get us there. The first Fundraiser is going to be a bake sale at the fresh market in quarry village on Sunday, October 4th. I would love it if you would come help us get to Hawaii! If you are out of state or something you can also donate to the band by live PC give PC website.


I will post again soon, but with all my school work I don't know when. I also want to give a shout out to my classmate Skylar J . I hope your brother is okay, my heart goes out to you. Everyone have a nice rest or your day :)

This is where we will be staying!
Picture courtesy of Aston Hotels

No comments:

Post a Comment