Sep 20, 2015

Marching Shoes

So while we are on the topic of marching band(which will be the topic most of the time) let's talk about the marching shoes. Everyone in my marching band wears the same brand of marching shoes all summer, they are black and leather(or some type of plastic that looks like leather) and everyone is forced to wear them.

Well I have really wide feet, so most uniform shoes don't really fit me. Anyways, I started wearing them about a week before the 4th of July weekend. I started getting blisters on my feet about half way through the week. It hurt, but I had dealt with a lot worse. Well that weekend(the 4th of July) we had a parade Saturday night and a parade Sunday morning so like back to back parades. Well I marched both parades with like seven blisters on my feet. Skipping to a week later, my family was heading to a river rafting trip and we had set up the boat, and one of my blisters, the one on the side of my toe, had been really hurting all day. So I sat down and took off my shoes and there were red streaks going up my leg.


Well my parents had to drive me to the nearest emergency room which was 2 1/2 hours away. I had to get a shot of antibiotics and my toe didn't stop hurting. I was able to go on the river trip, but the blister just kept getting bigger and bigger and then I got tossed out of the raft at the beginning of a half mile long rapid and my foot hit a rock and the blister popped. Now I had I giant gash in my foot that went down to the bone in my toe. Trying not to get infected again, I had to wear a garbage bag on my foot for the rest of the trip. Two months later, It still isn't fully healed and I have to wear a bandage on my toe everyday. Thanks a lot Dinkle's marching band shoe brand, you ruined my summer. I was able to go back to marching band last month though :)

This is my friend emma's picture of her marching band shoes. I burned mine so I couldn't take a picture of them :)
Picture Courtesy of Emma


This isn't on the topic of marching band, but it is on the topic of high school. I am really excited and scared to be starting high school. For years all people have been saying about it is that you have to do really well to get into a college that you want. Well, I have started the school year and everything is a lot harder than I expected it to be, (especially math). I hope I do well this year and all the rest of high school along with all of my friends. I know it can be stressful so remember to take a breath and tell yourself that it isn't the end of the world if you do bad on one assignment, even though you should be trying your best to get a good grade. I will talk to all of you later :)

PS. The Dinkle's marching shoes are probably great, It's just that there isn't just one shoe that fits 50 people conviniently. Some people are going to have weird feet *points to myself* that just don't work with a uniform shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment