Feb 13, 2016

The Naturals: All In

Picture courtesy of here
Hey guys so to give you a little of what is happening with me at this point in my life, I am now on presidents week break. Yes, I get a whole week off for presidents day, but I think it's mostly so people can go skiing. We are getting ready for Bandapalooza in band, and we are working on our songs in Percussion. In a couple of weeks, I am going to have to choose between band and percussion if I can't find away around the rule. I finished the third book in the naturals series called All In. If you haven't guessed already, this book is set in Las vegas(Hence the gambling title). 

Here is the summary:
Three days. Three Casinos. Three bodies.
When there is a string of brutal murders in Las Vegas, Cassie and her friends are brought in to help solve it. They are quick to notice that this serial killer isn't like anyone else, this serial killer used a different method to kill each victim, and all of the victims have four different numbers on their wrists. Soon the naturals figure out that the numbers are a code, but to what? Meanwhile, Cassie has to deal with new information in her mother's case. In this book, the naturals will face impossible odds, and impossible choices.

I rate this book a 5/5.
This is the third book in the Naturals series. I have done the other two reviews on this blog so make sure to check those out as well. This book is 376 pages long, and like the second book, I couldn't find the lexile level, but I assume it's the same as the first book. There wasn't any cursing and the only thing sexual is kissing, and Michael took his shirt off at one point in the book, but nothing too bad. The only thing concerning is the topic, It is about serial killers and how they think so it's going to be dark, and there are the victim's bodies that are described but not in very much detail, only enough detail to give the characters something to work with. Part of the book(like 15 pages) is in the serial killers point of view, so you get a sneak peak of what it's like in a serial killers mind. It's suspenseful which is a good thing in these mystery books.

I love this series and the author and there are lots of twists and turns that you won't see coming. I pride myself in being able to know the end of the book before I get there and with these books, I was completely wrong. Again, I wouldn't recommend this book for anyone under 12 just because of the topic and how dark it is.


The fourth book in the series hasn't come out yet, but I can't wait until it does. I just finished another book called Red Queen that I will do a book review on right after I finish this blog post. Until next time, au revoir and carpe diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment