May 3, 2016

The story I'm writing that doesn't have a title yet part 1

Picture courtesy of here
Hey guys It has been a really long time since I last posted and I'm sorry for that, but you guys have better things to do with your time than listen to me talk about my boring life. Anyways, this post and the next couple of posts I have decided to let you guys read the first part of by book. As a kid I always loved the princess sleeping beauty because we both had long blonde hair and loved to sleep. So with this book, I am pulling all of my childhood fantasies of what would have happened if I were Aurora and making a novel based on Sleeping Beauty. I haven't come up with a really cool title yet so that is still TBD(to be determined if someone isn't caught up on the latest cool stuff). Now I know I am not a good writer but I love it and I would love your feedback on it. :)


Prologue:

The dragon woman is here. They call her Maleficent. She stares at me, then turns back to my parents.
        “You’re not offended?” Asks my mother.
        “Why, no. And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift on the child.” Maleficent says.
She turns towards me, those green eyes cutting into my heart like a dagger. She won’t stop staring at me. I start to squirm and she laughs. The most vile and cruel laugh I have ever heard. She turns to the crowd of people.
        “Listen well, all of you. The princess shall indeed grow in grace and beauty, beloved by all who meet her. But… before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel, and DIE!"
That’s when the pain started, searing pain like I was being punctured by a million different needles at once. I watched Maleficent go up in green flames and disappear but I was still in pain. I couldn’t breath, she was suffocating me, the flames burning my skin as I heard her laugh echo through the ball room. 
         "Sweet princess, through this wicked witch's trick, a spindle should your finger prick... a ray of hope there still may be in this, the gift I give to thee. Not in death, but just in sleep, the fateful prophecy you'll keep. And from this slumber you shall wake, when true love's kiss, the spell shall break." The blue fairy waved her wand and I fell into a deep slumber.

Chapter 1:

        “Hey, girl in the pink dress, wake up.” 
My eyes flash open and I sit up fast. I clash heads with the boy leaning over me.
        “Ow!” he shouted. My first thought was that I had to get back to the palace, my parents would be worried about me. After all that had happened with Maleficent and the spinning wheel, we had a lot to talk about. I looked around the small bedroom. There wasn’t much to see in the circular room. You could tell there used to be paint on the walls, based on the weird pinkish brown color of the them, but the paint had peeled off of the walls a long time ago. “That’s weird,” I thought to myself, “I don’t remember this room at all, someone must have carried me up here.” 
“Who are you?, and how did you break my spell?” I asked.
“Geez give me a second. It's not every day you find a girl laying in a tower in the middle of nowhere that ends up giving you a concussion.” He replied. He looked to be about my age but I couldn’t quite tell just from looking at him. And I didn’t actually know how old I was now, was I still sixteen? Was I 30? Who knew.
        “Answer my questions!” I demand.
        “Marc, my name is Marc. I found you up here while I was coming back from an errand for my father.”

Sorry guys but thats all the room I have, check out The story I'm writing that doesn't have a title yet part 2 if you want to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment