![]() |
| Picture courtesy of here |
Ok, now for the summary:
After the events of the last book, Cassie is back to solving mysteries. The director's daughter, Veronica Sterling shows up to the house and tells Cassie and her gang that she took the position that was left open when Lacey Locke was killed. She was also sent to review and evaluate the Naturals program. Soon, victims of a new serial killer come to light and the Naturals program is sucked into another active case that turns personal.
I rate this book a 5/5.
This book is a sequel to the first book called The Naturals which I did another review about earlier this month, so make sure to check that out if you haven't seen it yet. This book is 384 pages, so a little bit longer than the last book but still a pretty quick read. I couldn't find the lexile level, but it says for readers from 7th to 12th grade. I don't remember any cursing, and nothing went past kissing, so if that's the reason you're not reading the book then you can go ahead. There was a chapter in the beginning that they were playing strip poker but nothing went far. Like I said on the first review, the only thing I would think of that's concerning is the topic. It is about serial killers so if you don't like reading about people killing other people, even if it's a small part in the entire book, then I wouldn't recommend this book to you. I was scared in a few parts of the book, but I am paranoid so I wouldn't take my word for it, it's more suspenseful than anything and like I said I get scared easily.
Again, part of the book is the serial killer's point of view which is where the people killing other people comes in. It is a disturbing subject that you could relate to the present day since there are serial killers in our world. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone under the age of 12 as well as the other book, and I would have had nightmares as a 12 year old reading this book. The people that are killed, are tortured before they die and their corpses are mutilated so if that is too much for you don't read this book.
I have the third book in the series sitting next to me right now so I will try to start that tonight and give you guys that review in a couple of days. Though don't get your hopes up because I need more sleep so it might have to wait until the weekend. So for now, I say live long and prosper and I bid you adue.

No comments:
Post a Comment