Jan 21, 2016

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes review

Picture courtesy of here
Hello fellow readers, I know I completely bombed my first book review but I am here to try and redeem myself. I picked this book up because I had to stay in the library instead of going to band this week because the high school's schedule isn't the same as ours this week because we have stupid Galileo testing everyday.

Ok, here we go: Cassie Hobbs is this girl who can piece together the tiniest bit of information on how you walk or what you wear to the point where she can tell you what you are like without even having to talk to you. Of course she never took it seriously until it was needed. She meets special agent Briggs, and he tells her about a classified program inside the FBI. The program brings in gifted teenagers to help the FBI solve cold cases that no one else could figure out. When she and her team are caught in a game of "cat and mouse" with a serial killer they're going to have to use all that they have to stay alive...

I rate this book a 4/5. 
This book is a beehive award nominee(for you people who don't live in Utah, you probably don't know what this means and it's not completely relevant to what the summary is about) , and it's 308 pages. It only has a lexile level of HL690L so for me this was an easy read. I think one of the characters cursed like once and the only scandalous think in it is a kissing part. The only thing I can think of that would be concerning is it's topic. It's about trying to find a serial killer so it's going to be scary, there were a couple points in the book where I was scared(which isn't good for me because I am a very paranoid person) but it soon passed. Now dealing with a serial killer means that there is a lot of dead people in the book. Since part of the book is through the serial killers eyes, there is some disturbing parts that they are thinking or saying and the bodies are mutilated. I wouldn't recommend this to someone under the age of 12.

This is an intense book. It might look like it was made for just young adults, but I think that this book could fit the needs of a 30 year old as well as a 14 year old like myself. There is some romance in the book, so if you're looking for a mystery thriller with no romance go check out a Sherlock Holmes book.


I am going to try to get the second book in the series from my school library tomorrow, and I will do a review on that book as well. Since I don't seem to have a lot of homework right now(doesn't mean I need any Mr. Parker) I will be reading a lot more and hopefully reviewing them for you guys to see. Bon au revoir et ont une bonne vie :).

No comments:

Post a Comment