Jan 8, 2016

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead





Picture Courtesy of here

Rose Hathaway is a dhampir, half-vampire and half-human, who is training to be a guardian at St. Vladimir's Academy along with many others like her. There are good and bad vampires in their world: Moroi, who co-exist peacefully among the humans and only take blood from donors, and also possess the ability to control one of the four elements - water, earth, fire or air; and Strigoi, blood-sucking, evil vampires who drink to kill. Rose and other dhampir guardians are trained to protect Moroi and kill Strigoi throughout their education. Along with her best friend, Princess Vasilisa Dragomir, a Moroi and the last of her line, with whom she has an unbreakable bond. Rose is able to feel Lissa's emotions through her bond and can sometimes enter her body without Lissa knowing when her emotions are too strong. Rose and Lissa ran away from their school, the vampire academy, two years ago and survive through the use of compulsion and by feeding off of each other. 
Thanks to Wikipedia for this summary

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK SERIES TO ANYONE WHO WANTS A NEW BOOK SERIES TO READ.

So I know on like my first post I told you that I was going to do book reviews as well as complain about my life, and I kind of got off of that path. Well since it's winter break and I am stuck at home for the next two weeks I decided I should do something at least a little productive so I started reading. I accidentally watched the Vampire Academy movie before hand, but I still was interested in reading the series because I was so hooked on the characters. I got the book from my school library and started reading it when I got home. The book is like 332 pages and I couldn't put it down until I finished it.



Now here come the spoilers: SPOILER ALERT!! IF YOU PLAN ON READING THIS BOOK DO NOT READ BELOW THESE LARGE LETTERS!!

I really liked the book because Richelle Mead (the author) really developed the characters well. Everyone who knows me knows that if I'm angry you should probably step back, and I can sometimes run my mouth off when I'm not supposed to, which is why Rose is so relatable to me. 


Now being a 14 year old girl without a boyfriend(I am never going into that with more detail) I am like prone to fantasy romance novels. Don't ask me why because I have as much of an idea why as you do. This one adds a little spice to it because Rose is not someone that is easy to like. For example, she likes to talk back to headmistress Kirova, which almost gets her kicked out of school. She got to stay with the help of Lissa's compulsion, and Demitri. 



Now Demitri is the man in this love story, he is 24 and her mentor.(I know it sounds like a creeper situation but it's not as gross as you'd think it would be.) They are both supposed to be Lissa's guardians once Rose and Lissa graduate from St. Vlademirs Academy. Well you probably know the rest of the story, but in case you don't, READ THE BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment