Jan 15, 2016

Tips to Test Taking

Picture Courtesy of Here


Hey guys I know its only been like a week since I posted last but I have to get all of my posts done by tonight so here it goes.  I know that no one is probably going to read this post for a while because we are all cramming for all of our finals this week. I personally am very stressed out about it because these tests can determine our grades for the quarter and now that it counts, everyone is trying to get a perfect grade. I just finished my math final and am going to take my english final next period an I am super nervous!


But I'm not here to talk about my stress, I am here to relieve yours. I wanted to make this blog post about relieving stress and how to make the best out of a students situation. The first thing you need to do( the night before the test) is study, don't stay up too late because you don't want to be tired either, but a good hour wouldn't hurt. Don't get distracted by your phone or laptop because then you won't get anything done.


On the day of the test, don't panic, I know that everyone says this and that you don't think it actually helps but it does. Tell yourself that you have learned everything you need to to ace this test, If you doubt yourself that might lead to more problems wrong on the test. Read the question then re word it in your own words so you completely understand what the question is asking you to do, if it is a multiple choice test like most of mine read the answer choices before answering the question so you have those in mind. If your answer doesn't match any of the choices on the paper or you don't know how to solve the problem when in doubt guess the closest answer. Don't lie to yourself, everyone guesses at one point or another on the test. If you know every question then good for you, you actually did something right while studying, but the other 95% of us just guess the answer that seems right to you.


Once you just need to click the submit button, go through the test again if you have time but DON'T DOUBT YOURSELF when looking back at your answers. This might not work for some people so don't get mad at me for telling you to guess what seems right and you get it wrong. I am telling you what I use to help me ace a test. If anyone has any other tips to test taking, then leave a comment for me! Don't be shy:). And if you want more tips go here. It really helped me, so maybe it will help you. Well at this point I am just bluffing my way to 500 words so hope you do well on your finals so your dreams of going to harvard or whatever happen :}.


Well thats all I have to say for today so adios amigos and catch you next time on mostlyabookworm.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment