![]() |
| Kinda looks like my room :) Picture courtesy of here |
As I looked at him, I found him to have a very fair face. He had dark brown hair that started to wave around his ears in the heat, and eyes the color of a clear summer sky bright with energy. He reminded me of someone, I just couldn't remember who.
“Where is here exactly?” It looked like I was back in my cottage in the forrest and flora was about to walk in and tell me to get up and go pick berries before Merrywhether made breakfast. Maybe I was there and all of this was just a really bad dream.
“You’re in a tower about half a mile from the main road leading into the Maleficent’s kingdom.”
Well crap, Maleficent didn’t have a kingdom when I fell asleep. It was going to be harder to hide myself from her than I thought. How did she get a kingdom? I had much to catch up on before I could make any big decisions. Maybe I could get some information out of this young man before I left.
“How many kingdoms are left? There were dozens before I went to sleep.”
“Dozens? There were dozens? All of the kingdoms have been conquered but one, so there are only two, Maleficent’s and the Charming kingdom. How long have you been asleep?”
“What happened to my— I mean what happened to King Stephan and Queen Leah?” I ask ignoring his question.
“Everyone knows this story. Why don’t you?”
“Please, I must know” I plead.
“They were killed by Maleficent. When princess Aurora disappeared a hundred years ago, they lost hope, didn’t even put up a fight when Maleficent came knocking on their door.”
It felt like I had just been punched in the stomach. I had to sit back down on the bed to keep myself from falling. They were dead. My parents were dead, what was I supposed to do now? If Maleficent found out that I was awake she would hunt me down. I had to keep my identity a secret, no one could know who I was now.
“You really didn’t know about this? Any of it?” Marc asked.
“No I really didn’t.”
“How does someone end up passed out in a tall tower in the middle of nowhere?”
"That is a very long story that I don't care to tell a stranger" I retorted.
“Sorry, I was just curious.”
For the second time I took him in. He was wearing commoner clothes ragged and dirty, they had been used more that they should have been with the condition they were in. I was surprised that they hadn't completely fallen off of his body yet, and I hoped I wouldn't be there when they did. He had a satchel across his back that looked full of something heavy. He looked like a farmer’s son to me. So I shouldn’t have been worried about him recognizing me.
“Well it’s a very long story, and I doubt you want to hear it.” I hope he didn’t want to hear it, I don’t like lying.
“It’s a long walk back to my farm from here, you could tell it to me as we walk, unless you would rather stay here.” So I was right, he was a farmer’s son.
“No, it’s okay, I don’t want to be a burden.”
“No, really, you’re welcome to stay with me and my family.”
“Really, I could just catch a ride in the morning.” I say.
“You are coming back with me and that’s final.” He said.
“Fine, bossy, I’ll come.”
That is it for Part 2, here is the link to part 3

No comments:
Post a Comment