May 3, 2016

The story that I'm writing that doesn't have a title part 4

Picture courtesy of here
        
        “I would rather you not.” I wasn’t a princess anymore, my kingdom had fallen. Maleficent had taken that from me, and I was going to get it back, no matter what the cost.
        “So, what do I call you? You didn’t give me a name.” Marc said, and he was right, If I didn’t tell him something about me he would get curious and that would get him killed.
        “Just call me Aura” I tell him. I know that Aura is really close to my real name, but I couldn’t part with it. Hopefully Marc will leave it at that. 
        “Ok Aura, lead the way.” He said.
Being me, I tried to figure out the logical way out of the maze. I remembered a saying once that if you kept your hand on the right wall of a maze you will eventually find your way out. I decided to take that plan of action and started walking along the right side of the path. Marc soon followed suit and we walked in silence.  After a while he started whistling. While marc was whistling, I was singing the song in my head, words and everything before I realized that I knew that song. How could someone who had been asleep for a hundred years recognize a song that a man who was like 20 know?
        “How do you know that song?” I asked
        “What song?” he asked “The one I was whistling? My great grandfather used to whistle it all the time when I was a kid. How do you know that song?”
        “No reason, I mean… I don’t” I had only came up with it while I was living with the fairies a hundred years ago. The only one who had heard me sing that was Philip. Well, and the fairies.
Marc gave me a look that said I don’t believe you and kept walking and whistling. I knew that it was very late now and we had been walking for what seemed like hours. The thorn wall was really starting to get to me, I knew Maleficent put it there because I had never met anyone that powerful other than her. That made me skittish, she could be watching us right now and we wouldn’t have any idea unless she wanted us to know. 
        “So tell me about yourself” I said, wanting to get my mind off of that disturbing thought.
        “Wouldn’t you like to know” Marc remarked. This was going to be a really long trip.
        “I’m being serious, who is the mystery man that saved me from my slumber?” I teased.

        “Well there isn’t much to tell,” he said “My mother died when I was very little, so I don’t remember her at all but my father loved her very much and I don’t think he has ever gotten over her completely.” I guess that was another thing we had in common, I had only met my mother and father once before I pricked my finger on that spinning wheel. I was raised by fairies so I didn’t even know what my parents were even like, and now I will never get a chance. 
        “What about you?” Marc inquired, “The mystery girl in the tower should have a pretty good story, considering.”
        “Well, I never really knew my parents. I knew who they were, but I was raised by my aunts in a cottage in the woods.”
        “And who were your parents?”
        “They were great people, but you wouldn’t know them” Another lie, of course he would know them, they were monarchs.
        “You kind of remind me of a bedtime story my father would read to me when I was little called Sleeping Beauty. This princess got cursed by a wicked fairy and fell asleep when she was 16.” Crap, he did know the story, but I’m sure everyone did.
        “Oh really,” I said “well I can definitely tell you that I am no princess.”
        “I don’t know, I think you could pull it off.”
        “Well thanks” with that we kept walking.
We stuck to the right wall and finally, I saw a bright light that could only have been the sun. 
        “Look!” I said. I turned around with a big smile on my face and found Marc smiling the same way. We ran to the exit and out into the daylight and open space. We really had walked all night and Marc and I basically collapsed with exhaustion.
        “We made it out.” He said.

Well that's as far as I have gotten, thanks for sticking with me through all of that, if you just got here, then here is the link to part 1. Until next time, Emily out.

No comments:

Post a Comment